Monday 2 November 2009

Holy hairdo!

While our mums and dads were visiting we went to the Vatican Museums. They are the most overwhelmingly huge museums with more in them than you could really see in one day. For me it's the Roman sculpture galleries that are the most fascinating and not the Sistine Chapel.

While wandering in the sculpture galleries, camera in hand, I got a bit obsessed by the barnets some of these ancient women sported. Ben reliably informs me there are volumes of academic study dedicated to the subject but for those of you who don't have time to do the reading here are some of my favourites:

Style one: The 'Sausage-roll Suprise'

Style two: The 'Multi storey'

Style three: 'Because I'm worth it'

Style four: 'Are you looking at me?'

xx

2 comments:

  1. The 'Are you looking at me?' hairdo looks like two barnets in one! Or maybe her massive eyebrows got placed too high up!? Dx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sausage roll 'do is definitely my favourite! I'm thinking of trying it out at the weekend... sally x

    ReplyDelete